Re: [opensuse-buildservice] CentOS8: No python3?
  • From: Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2019 15:32:22 -0400
On Tue, Oct 1, 2019 at 3:20 PM Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Dienstag, 1. Oktober 2019, 17:49:57 CEST Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Dienstag, 1. Oktober 2019, 17:30:57 CEST Julio Gonzalez wrote:
I am trying to fix the issue at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Tools/obs-service-tar_scm
not building for CentOS_8 with

Problem is that "python3" is not available.

As far as I can tell from
https://developers.redhat.com/blog/2019/05/07/what-no-python-in-red-hat-en
erprise-linux-8/ and the tests I am making myself at a CentOS8 VM, neither
python2 or python3 are part of the baseOS repository, but part of the
AppStream repository.

Is AppStream repo missing at OBS?

no, it is included. Check "osc meta prj CentOS:CentOS-8"

there seems to be no python3 package neither in baseos nor in appstream
repos atm.

will need to check where it lives tomorrow. (or if it is missing, it
wouldn't be the first breakage, we saw also other missing x86_64 rpms where
only i686 are there. It seems they didn't run a dependency check before
publishing)

just checked again, it is indeed in AppStream as python36, but only in a
module. We hide currently all module content because it leads to conflicts.

So you need to wait until we offer also module filtering (will lead to a
number of new repositories).

I'm currently working on such an implementation. I hope I'll have
something soon to share.