Re: [opensuse-buildservice] SLE sources do not appear to generate events on message bus
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:59:23 +0200
On Donnerstag, 26. September 2019, 15:39:10 CEST James Berry wrote:
On Thursday, September 26, 2019 8:07:56 AM CDT Stephan Kulow wrote:
The problem is a little unexpected to you, but package.update is sent way
more often than it should be - and that's why you haven't noticed this
before with other sources (as SLE updates don't go through the API but
directly to the backend).

Sent more often sure, but also sent everytime sources are changed which is
why it has not been noticed. The fact that the .update events are not
generated for SLE source updates is a bug.

no, it is a bug that .update meta events are created on source changes
in all other projects.

So changing from package.update to package.commit should solve your
problem.
If we can workaround the bug and also get a more specific event great, but
it was not expected because it differs from all other packages on OBS
because of a hidden implementation detail and thus represents a bug.

I will leave a listener on with the .commit event and see that SLE changes
generate the events.

you have a bug and we have a bug. Lets fix both :)

But when we fix our bug, you won't get .update calls at all anymore on source
changes, so better be faster then us :)

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager