Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Thoughts on deploy Open Build Service in kubernetes cluster
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 14:56:13 +0200
On Donnerstag, 26. September 2019, 14:02:24 CEST TommyLike Hu wrote:
Hey guys,

Recently, we start to evaluate Open Build Service for our package
build and publish system, considering the portability, scalability and
ecosystem, our most of other services are deployed on kubernetes
cluster, therefore, we are just wondering whether it's a possible or a
good choice to deploy OBS in kubernetes.
We would like start this thread for the purpose of discussion on these
below: 1. Does there anyone have tried to deploy OBS in k8s cluster, Is
there any suggestion/warning on that direction?
2. If possible, what's the best practice on how to deploying OBS,
and what's the scale we can get?
3. If not, what's the disadvantages or issues we would have within
that deployment?

running an instance is easy. Getting it integrated, solving the KVM nesting
overhead (about 50% slowdown, but you may ignore it, if acceptable) and
integrating into the dispatch queue is a complete different topic.

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager