Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Publisher not publishing to stageserver on private instance 2.10
Hi Stefan,

Am 18.09.19 um 15:20 schrieb Stefan Botter:
Hi all,

I have trouble with my private OBS instance:
I have configured a stageserver in BSConfig.pm, as
====
our $stageserver = 'rsync://192.168.22.23/repos';
====
The target is available and running, but the publisher fails to send the
data there. In /srv/obs/log/publisher.log the following error messages
are logged:
====
2019-09-18 15:07:17: [14920] publishing userweb/openSUSE_Leap_15.1
fetched 0 patterns
running createrepo
running rsync to rsync://192.168.22.23/repos at Wed Sep 18 15:07:18
2019
Use of uninitialized value $args[2] in exec at /usr/lib/obs/server/
bs_publish line 134.

I know this, I did spend quite some time on debugging that.
This is because you did not set $rsync_extra_options in BSConfig.pm.
Of course you did not, because nobody told you to ;-) and it is not set in the
example config file.

Anyway, this harmless option fixes the warning for me:

obs:~ # grep rsync_extra_options /usr/lib/obs/server/BSConfig.pm
#our $rsync_extra_options = "--whole-file";
our $rsync_extra_options = "-v";

I'm not sure if it was a fatal error or if I did just add this to shut up
bs_publish ;-)

rsync version 3.1.3 protocol version 31
Copyright (C) 1996-2018 by Andrew Tridgell, Wayne Davison, and others.

[... all the rest of a plain call of "rsync" ...]

See http://rsync.samba.org/ for updates, bug reports, and answers
rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at options.c(2356)
[client=3.1.3]
publish failed for userweb/openSUSE_Leap_15.1 : rsync failed at Wed
Sep 18 15:09:58 2019: 256
syncing database (6 ops)
====

I am pretty sure, that I did not change the setting for the stageserver
in BSConfig.pm for several years now, and, according to logs, it worked
until mid-July, when I updated the machine to OBS 2.10.

Here my question for help: Did something change in the way staging is
configured, and I missed a required configuration change, or is this a
bug in the publisher of 2.10?

This is a bug in OBS 2.10.

PS: Even scarier question: Am I the only user using a stageserver?

I'm using $obspublishhook and $stageserver ;-)

my $obspublishhook = '/etc/obs_publish_hook.sh';
our $publishedhook_use_regex = 1;
our $publishedhook = {

"FOO-Cloud/.*" => $obspublishhook,
"FOO-Cloud:CC/.*" => $obspublishhook,
"FOO-Cloud:SOC6/.*" => $obspublishhook,
"FOO-Cloud:SOC7/.*" => $obspublishhook,
"FOO" => $obspublishhook,
"FOO:(?!.*test).*" => $obspublishhook,
"Infrastructure/.*" => $obspublishhook,
"JPaaS.*" => $obspublishhook,
"OpenStack.*" => $obspublishhook,

};

The obs_publish_hook.sh creates an archive repository where all the old built
package versions are kept in case someone
needs them later.
--
Stefan Seyfried