Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: python3.4-venv and python3-wheel missing from Ubuntu 14.04 standard
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2019 07:46:04 +0200
On Freitag, 6. September 2019, 05:51:01 CEST Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 9:59 PM Stefan Brüns

<stefan.bruens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Freitag, 6. September 2019 01:18:21 CEST Neal Gompa wrote:
On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 6:55 PM Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

I'm trying to build packages with python3.4-venv and python3-wheel as
build dependencies on Ubuntu 14.04, but they appear to be missing.
These packages are included in the Ubuntu main repo, so I would have
expected them to exist in the Ubuntu 14.04 standard target...

Can someone please fix this?

It seems that the problem is that Ubuntu:14.04/standard is not a
download-on-demand target, whereas Ubuntu:14.04/universe is. Can this
be changed so that the standard target is _also_ download-on-demand?

Why do you care for Ubuntu 14.04, which has been EOLed for 4 months?

I'm still dealing with environments that are stuck on Ubuntu 14.04.
We're in the process of modernizing, but it was a lot harder than
expected... :(

sorry, but ubuntu 14.04 is offered only via Download on Demand feature
and the main archive on ubuntu site seems to got removed.

I do not really want to spend time here, sorry.

But you may find a working mirror somewhere and tell me ... I can adapt
the download url in that case :)

--

Adrian Schroeter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
Build Infrastructure Project Manager