Re: [opensuse-buildservice] pre_checkin.sh and obs_scm git service
On 9/3/19 11:06 AM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Am Dienstag, 3. September 2019, 09:02:20 CEST schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am 02.09.19 um 17:50 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Understood.

It would work in the build environment as well, it just needs access to
the
git tree, and need to generate a file - or would you prefer to carry the
git tree around in the builds?

What's the difference between running your script as service or as part of
%setup in this context?

The .git tree, or the absence thereof.

It would change the workflow by the need to package the .git tree, which will
appear in the source rpm as well, and add git as a build dependency. I don't
think, this is desired, but maybe it's our best bet anyway.

If you use obs_scm you get a cpio of the full git tree into your source tree.
Normally you combine this with the 'tar' source service to create a tar for the
source rpm, but I see no reason why you couldn't update the tar if your spec
file notices the presence of the .obscpio archive.

Just an idea.

Greetings, Stephan