[opensuse-buildservice] pre_checkin.sh and obs_scm git service
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 14:34:26 +0200
[next try here, since this request seems to be misplaced in -packaging]

Hi,

if I understand the pre_checkin.sh concept correctly (docs are quite sparse to
put it friendly: https://en.opensuse.org/
openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_PreCheckinFeatures)
pre_checkin.sh is executed on check in time, but I'm looking for a similar
mechanism, that is executed after git checkout and before build on the server
(pre_build.sh?)

Background: in order to produce a reproducible build, sometimes, we need to
generate the necessary information from running a script out of the git tree.
Example:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:frispete:Tumbleweed/HandBrake

While at it, with obs_scm in default mode and changesgenerate option enabled,
changelog handling is suboptimal as well. It would be cool to have
changespersistent option, that would copy the
_service:obs_scm:HandBrake.changes to the HandBrake.changes, as this process
would do in disabled mode.

Of course, this changespersistent option could be dealed with in a
pre_build.sh as well...

Thanks,
Pete