Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build C++ Files for different distributions
On Wed, Nov 26, Tobias Lauterbach wrote:

As you said I now need to copy this binary into the"
$RPM_BUILDROOT%{_bindir}" -Folder in the install section and add this
file to the files section. Did I miss anything? If not, why can´t I
just add the binary to the files Section?

Because the file is not in the "final place" below the "offset".

%install
cp helloWorldBin $RPM_BUILDROOT%{_bindir}/hello_world_1

RPM_BUILD_ROOT is initially empty.
mkdir -vp $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_bindir}

%files
%defattr(-,root,root)
$RPM_BUILDROOT%{_bindir}/hello_world_1

Use either %{_bindir}/hello_world_1 or a wildcard %{_bindir}/* to
package everything which was previously populated into $RPM_BUILD_ROOT.

There are various docs about rpm spec files. An old one is this:
http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/
http://www.aepfle.de/software/maximum-rpm.ps.gz

Olaf