Re: [opensuse-buildservice] May open build service be used to build Whonix (debian derivative) VM images?
On Samstag, 22. November 2014, 16:07:03 wrote Patrick Schleizer:
Hi!

Whonix [1] is a derivative of Debian.

Its VM build script needs:

- mount (device-mapper), but I guess that would not be a problem, since
open build service is based on KVM?

- sudo (not just fakeroot) - is it available?

- quite some load (hdd load, traffic load [downloading packages from
debian repositories], build time [takes some time to create a whole vm
image] - would that be a problem?

well, in case it is a problem, the automatic priorization handling
should take care of the situation :)

Your servers are accustomed to
building SUSE vm images, but as far I understand its architecture is a
bit different and you might be using packaging caches and such.

Using open build service as a CI service that is capable of building VM
images would be very helpful to Whonix!

What do you think? Would Whonix VM builds be welcome on open build
service servers?

I am a bit unsure what you ask here. Can you build it just by building
.deb files and using debian's LiveBuild support? In that case the support
from OBS side should be complete.

Jan Blunck added the LiveBuild support some weeks ago, he may can you
also point to some example and documentation for that.

Or do you need something else?

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg