Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build-compare forces republish for new commit and new rpm
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 09:48:37AM +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
On Sat, Nov 15, Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am 14.11.2014 19:05, schrieb Olaf Hering:

If the source changed there is some URL in some tag. The release itself
looks meaningless. But there are likely packages that rely on a certain
release number.
So your use case is a commit that didn't change the sources but just the
checkin counter?

I think the ultimate check if the sources change is DISTURL. How is the
release number handled anyway? I'm using cicount="copy" (for which docu
is hard to find via google). Last week I noticed imlib2 was republished
after a new rpm checkin in PMBS 11.4:

[ 154s] compare /.build.oldpackages/imlib2-1.4.5-49.1.src.rpm
/usr/src/packages/SRPMS/imlib2-1.4.5-51.1.src.rpm
[ 154s] release prefix mismatch

The source in OBS:graphics/imlib2 was unchanged. Why is it two releases
ahead now? Does the _link update trigger a source change? But OBS also
has rev 51 since the last checkin.

I changed the meta data of imlib2 at least (adding SLES12), but not
the sources.

Ciao, MArcus