Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build-compare forces republish for new commit and new rpm
On Wed, Nov 12, Adrian Schröter wrote:

On Mittwoch, 12. November 2014, 09:57:13 wrote Olaf Hering:

I wonder why its important to republish a package which just had a new
commit. If the resulting binary package is identical there is no need to
republish, just because the rpm %RELEASE string happens to differ.

Just a guess, we have packages with multiple spec files, but which rely
on %versiion-CI_CNT . If one would build and the other skipped the
dependencies
can not be met.

What packages? Do you mean the kernel packages?

Similar for a new rpm version in the build tree. Why would that require
a republish of the entire tree? I mean the install stack has to cope
with old rpm packages anyway, no matter which version of rpm was used to
create these packages.

It is a matter of taste, it is in any case cleaner to have only rpm packages
inside of a distro which are build all by the same rpm version.

For Factory etc it wont matter, and once a new release is branched the
version will remain the same.

Olaf