Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Feature request
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 16:35:16 +0100
On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 10:12 -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 12/07/2011 03:11 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 7. Dezember 2011, 07:55:31 schrieb Vincent Petry:
Agreed.

Please file a feature request / openFATE request so we can vote ? :-)

Vincent

On 07/12/2011 00:02, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 12/06/2011 05:39 PM, Lars Müller wrote:
On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 05:09:41PM -0500, Robert Schweikert wrote:
We should automatically enable the new release branch as a build
target for all projects that build against factory when we branch.

No, I do not want to do this. The reason is that there are quite some
projects
that are not active maintained anymore. It does not make sense to increase
the build load by adding new build targets but now one cares about the
content.

In the current way these projects do fade out and free the resources to
others

But the current system penalizes those that actively work on their
projects as the active maintainers have to manually turn on a new build
target. There must be a better heuristic for us to determine which
projects should fade away.

Penalizing those that do maintain their projects because others do not
doesn't appear to be the best approach to me.

I created: 313057

+1

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer