Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ANN: Yet Another Build Service Client
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:31:30 +0100
On Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2008, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Thursday 28 February 2008 20:38:57 wrote James Oakley:
I have written a build service client using PyQt4 and Osc.
That's really cool :)

It's intended purpose is to report status information of projects and
packages, and it is geared towards packagers who maintain more than a few
packages.
Nice, I think this is where such a tool has benefits over plain osc usage
and the webclient.

It's quite a bit rough around the edges. It currently shows results for
one target of a project at a time and the osc calls block, which means
that the whole interface pauses while waiting for API calls to complete.
I have ideas for solving both of these issues, but I decided to just
release it now, to get feedback from anybody who might find it useful.
I think it is really usefull and it probably can be grown in many directions.
For possible enhancements in direction of asynchronous requesting it should
be choosen wisely if osc also could benefit from it and thus if that should
be implemented in the osc base clases.

Do you have some interesst in maintain it in our usual opensuse svn on
forge.novell.com ?
It might help for more cooperation and can be developed together with osc.
Maybe you can also integrate the project monitor (also written in python Qt
;) from Dirk Mueller and Klaas Freitag together with them ?
I have no code yet - because I do not know python yet. That's why I really
appreciate that there actually is even more code now to learn :)

Thanks,

Klaas

--
Klaas Freitag Architect OPS/IPD