Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build a package locally using "build" and bs-packagecache
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:32:24 +0100
Marcus Rueckert wrote:
On 2008-02-11 15:16:59 +0100, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
I've tried to build a package on my local system using "build" and reusing the bs-packagecache as RPM repository.

That fails most probably because these ugly directory names containing ':'.

build --root=/var/tmp/build-root cairo.spec --norootforbuild --rpms /local/build/bs-packagecache/openSUSE\:10.3/standard/x86_64

fails to find the RPMs there.
I guess I tried every type of quoting for the colon but everything failed.
To see if it's really the colon I've created a symlink w/o a colon to that directory and there it works.

why not use osc build?

Because I wasn't able to do that as well ;-) (probably just because I'm too stupid).
I wanted to build a package from/for 10.3 with an additional patch just to test it and not to distribute it through the buildservice.
I haven't found a way to check it out from OBS and therefore I did't know how to build it with osc build and so I decided to test "build" and given that I already have quite some RPM cache I wanted to reuse it.

Wolfgang