Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build flags in web interface
  • From: Andreas Bauer <abauer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 02:32:28 +0100
John Pye wrote:
Hi Markus,

Marcus Rueckert wrote:
On 2008-02-05 18:51:20 +1100, John Pye wrote:

Sometime not far back a new thing was added to the web UI for OBS that
prevented 'complex' flag combinations to be used from the web interface.
I get an error like this:

"ERROR Your flag configuration seems to be too complex to be saved
through this interface. Please use OSC."

I would like to comment that the direct result of preventing web UI
users from disabling certain builds is that they will tend not to
bother, and your compile farm capacity will be needless wasted. If it's
possible, could I urge that the full flag functionality be restored, and
even better, could some clever javascript/AJAX be used to make these
flag settings more responsive -- they are quite slow to use at present
(and I imagine this might have been part of the reason for the above
'error' message).

there is nothing to be restored. complex disable/enable configs where
always the domain of osc.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit surprised by this, but perhaps I only
really started using fairly recently. Is it possible to explain how
exactly one comes up against this 'complexity' limit that is triggering
the error?

The cause of this message is flag configurations for non-existing
repositories. This always happens if you delete a repository for which
flags are set in the project metadata.

A possible solution would be to make the webclient fix the flag
configuration automatically after deleting a repository.

And on the aside: is a simple javascript/AJAX improvement to those flags
something that could perhaps be put on a TODO list at some point?

What do you mean by simple javascript/AJAX improvement?

Andreas