[opensuse-ambassadors] House party report
  • From: Michael <susenovel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 14:16:54 +0200

Hello folks,

This relates to applying the lessons learned from last week's
conference.

Event: Generic house party
Date: 24 October 2010
Location: Munich

1. How many DVDs were available: 10
2. How many DVDs were given out: 10
3. How many people were at the even: 20
4a. What kind of audience attended:
4b. System administrators
4b. Mechanical engineers
4b. Landscape architects
4b. Psychologists
4b. Salespeople
4b. Managers
4b. Vorstand

...I was the only software engineer.

There was no formal presentation, because this was a nontechnical
party. However, I did tell the story of Konrad ZUSE and a few things
about networks, business, home computing, and how OpenSUSE fits in.

I was able to generate interest in OpenSUSE by deemphasizing the
fact that the DVDs can be installed, and by emphasizing that they
can be used in a nondestructive manner. My suggestion was:

'Keep the DVD in view next to the computer, and use it
from time to time when you suspect that your installed
operating system is not performing correctly.'

If you'd like to know why I chose this strategy, please ask.

Regards,
Michael

P.S.: I'm the one at the conference who rudely called Klaas 'Klaus'
and the only one who doesn't look like a hacker (I have
fashion camouflage.)

--
Michael Schloh von Bennewitz
http://michael.schloh.com/