Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] meetings, conferences and more - INPUT NEEDED!
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 11:52:21 +0200
On Tuesday 21 September 2010 06:09:16 Ricardo Chung wrote:
.

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 4:17 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

<snip blabla>

Hi,
Please don't take my words as true because I need more research for
this. I was reading on Fedora LATAM they are considering to plan a
FUDCON on march 2011 at Ciudad del Saber (City of Knowledge), Panama
with RedHat making a sponsorship. If is it true maybe we can make some
synergy there to attract openSUSE people from other latitudes. Would
you consider this an opportunity to spread and making openSUSE visible
regionally.

For South America that sounds like a pretty interesting spot. See if we have
some Mexican friends here too, anyone from the carribean of course... For
Brazil it's probably doable, yet it ain't to crazy from the US.

And cooperating with Fedora, why not. Depends of course on interest from our
ambassadors in the region both in terms of organisation and attending. And to
what extend fedora wants us there ;-)

Next month, October, Michael "Monty" Widenius is supposed to visit
Panama to give a Talk about MariaDB to stimulate developers. True or
Not I will see soon. Another opportunity to bring presence for
openSUSE and SUSE on this region.

Well keep us updated and see if anyone in the region seems interested in this
opportunity. I will be visiting Brazil in November (Latinoware) and will try to
keep this in mind as a potential future meeting spot.

Regards,

--
Ricardo Chung
openSUSE Panama: Linux Users Group