Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] questions old and new things
  • From: Chuck Payne <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 05:59:49 -0400
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:29 AM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 14 September 2010 11:19:50 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
On Tuesday 14 September 2010 03:52:17 y smith wrote:
I know this is the marketing space of the opens suse but can I ask a
question ?

You can try but I doubt you get answers, sorry

 1. I need a 11.2 and 11.3  DVD for my self and help promote  the
brand to others

One? Sorry, but in that case you either have to download & burn it or buy it
from openSLX or another vendor: http://en.opensuse.org/Buy_openSUSE

What I should've added is: we can send DVD's but shipping ONE DVD from Europe
is insane - 30c costs for the DVD & 20 bucks for shipping it. If you are
active as an openSUSE ambassador and go to an event we of course have a
hundred or so DVD's we can send to you - otherwise, I'm sorry, but it just
isn't possible from a financial point of view...

take care,
Jos Poortvliet

 2. I am rebuilding old systems including an old SUN Ultra 10 and
sparc staiton 5 .. one of the local lug users in my group said that
there was old suse 7.1 I think or suse enterprise for sparc

I frankly have no idea.

Yancy,

Send me your address again, I will send you a couple of both. As far
as the Ultra10, that is a Sparc Chipset, currently openSUSE only
handles i686 (32-Bit) and x86_64 (64 Bit), there is PPC, but I think
that only through Factory, the last version if I am correct was 11.1.

For everyone on the list Yancy helped me out at Southeast Linux Fest.

Pup

openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.