Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] meetings, conferences and more - INPUT NEEDED!
  • From: Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:21:02 +0200
On Monday 13 September 2010 21:34:45 Chuck Payne wrote:
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Jos Poortvliet <jospoortvliet@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Thursday 09 September 2010 06:09:56 Satoru Matsumoto wrote:
Hi Jos,

(2010/09/09 7:02), Jos Poortvliet wrote:

On a few conferences, I have specific questions.

LinuxCon Japan - who is going there next year? Will there be
openSUSE peeps staffing a booth? Anyone up for that?

I myself didn't attend LinuxCon Japan last year, but as far as I know,
there wasn't any booth by FLOSS communities at the site last year and
there won't be this year, neither. It is a session-oriented event and
since it costs $300 ($75 for students) to attend it, there will be only
few consumers and end users (most attendees are core developers and
business persons).

So, if you are going to attend this event next year, there might be 2

- Novell will sponsor the event and you are going to have a talk
session as one of the Novell employees by using reserved time frame
for sponsors.
e.g. http://events.linuxfoundation.org/2010/linuxcon-japan/kroah-hartman
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/2010/linuxcon-japan/bottomley

- Apply for the session as community manager of openSUSE project aside
from Novell.

I'm not sure whether I will be able to attend the event next year or not
ATM, but I'd like to be there and help you any way I can. ;-)

# I've filled some stuff about LinuxCon Japan in on the spreadsheet.

Thank you very much for your input. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of events
asking (a lot of) money for entry so I have to think about it... Thanks to
the offer of helping, I might call you out on that ;-)

Cheers,
Jos

Best,

Hey I am willing to go anywhere. Just let me know where.

Start with the openSUSE conference ;-)

But seriously, that's cool of course but I can hardly ask you to fly to Japan
for a conference. Would be a bit expensive for you and I can't cover the costs
for that either...

;-)