Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] Call to ambassadors from India!
  • From: "Sankar P" <psankar@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:49:42 -0600
On 9/8/2010 at 01:46 AM, in message
<AANLkTim38x_6CJzu_ekbcXbOPAC0mOAaorFud1dNAvtF@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ravindra Aditya
<ravindra.novell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear all,

i was so delighted to hear interests and support.i would
like to set meeting on 11th Sept,2010 from 21:00:00 ( IST ) Hrs to
22:00:00 ( IST ) Hrs at
irc://irc.opensuse.org/opensuse-in

Agenda :
1) Focus on openSUSE in india (10mins)
2) Hits and Drawbacks (10mins)
3) Plans, Measures for new wave of contributors and users(30 mins)
4) Conclusion (10 mins)

so, what do you say ???

99% of the times, I am the only person in that channel. To be honest, I dont
see a need for a meeting. Nor do I see any "wave" of contributors. On a
saturday evening, I am very skeptical how many will be joining the meeting. If
you have any items that you want to cover, please send it in the opensuse-india
mailing list. If we have enough critical mass/traffic in the mailing list, then
we can then plan about a meeting.

Also, can you explain the "lack of focus from the core" that you mentioned in
your mail ? I believe you overlooked that in my mail.

Sankar

with regards,
Ravindra
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Rahacks