Re: [opensuse] Create boot CD
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 09:09:42 +0200
On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 11:33 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2010/07/27 16:10 (GMT-0400) Edward Diener composed:

pistazienfresser wrote:

Is there not still the option to repair the bootloader on the openSUSE
11.3 DVD?

No, I have never seen that, but it would really be good of OpenSUSE, and
other Linux installations, to add such effective functionlity.

It was removed only recently:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2010-05/msg00407.html

;(

It has worked for me in a number of instances. Like making a new initrd
for the system hardware. Which involves detecting what drivers are
needed, not just the build.

Too bad. Of course, if it was not maintained, then it is surely safer to
remove it before it starts doing damage. Too bad.

I wonder if the 'Update' option would have a similar effect. OK, it will
do an update. But doesn't part of the update check that all is ok? And
if you use it on an original 11.3 install, it must update it to, well,
11.3. Just hoping here.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST