[opensuse-factory] Any hero for yast2-repair?
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 12:32:42 +0200
Hi,

I would like to drop yast2-repair from 11.3 as this fails
now for over half a year without anyone interested.

The main problem with this yast module is that it needs someone
who really tests to repair broken setups a lot - and this means
a lot of work and very little reputation, because a repair module
is only used when something is broken and if it works it's taken
for granted and if it fails, it sucks.

As the "fails for 149 days" message on [1] pretty clearly says:
there is no one doing this. So I have two options: finding someone
who loves repairing or drop it _NOW_. So I'm trying the first option
with right this mail, but I need to drop it next week because I need
to adapt the boot menu too.

Greetings, Stephan
[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/status?project=openSUSE%3AFactory