Re: [opensuse-factory] Release without a Release Manager
  • From: Marcus Moeller <marcus.moeller@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 10:48:39 +0100
Hi again.

I have read the current news on the openSUSE team and the plans to step back
from the development.

... for some time to work on (for them or even us) more important things.

In general, I don't see a big problem here, but one thing really makes me a bit
anxious: As Coolo is also part of the team, is it even possible to release a new
version of openSUSE without him?

Probably not completely but given this post
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2014-01/msg00416.html
I understood that coolo would be willing to help for a release in November.
And I also would hope that coolo wouldn't just disappear from the world. I'm
always wondering why SUSE employed openSUSE community members are limited to
their "8 hour work". I do (almost) all my contributions outside my day job in my

http://osrc.dfm.io/coolo - if you watch closely I sleep ~3 hours a day ;)

Which is even one more reason for why you shouldn't need to do all the work alone.

I have taken a look at:

https://progress.opensuse.org/projects/opensuse-13-1-release/issues

and think I could help on some future issues like that.

I am going to talk to Ludwig about that, so that he gives me some instructions.

Greets
Marcus

< Previous Next >