[yast-devel] Mounting Btrfs subvolumes when there are no snapshots
As part of the current effort to improve how we display Btrfs subvolumes
in the Partitioner I was checking how we mount them.

We always create a fstab entry for each subvolume like /home, /var...
That makes a lot of sense when the system has support for snapshots,
because the default subvolume is .snapshots/1/snapshot, so those fstab
entries are needed to make the content of each subvolume available in
the expected location.

But when there are no snapshots, the default subvolume is the top-level
one (in openSUSE) or the "@" (in SLE). All other subvolumes are children
of that one, which means their content would be already available in the
expected location. But still we redundantly mount all those subvolumes
via fstab. I find that not only redundant but even confusing. If the
users decides to umount, let's say, /home... they will see the content
is still there after unmounting, which may be puzzling.

Does somebody know what's the purpose of mounting those subvolumes when
there are no snapshots?

Cheers
--
Ancor González Sosa