Re: [yast-devel] Re: Automatic AutoYaST Schema Validation
  • From: Imobach González Sosa <igonzalezsosa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 15:58:29 +0100
El lunes, 5 de octubre de 2020 15:53:58 (WEST) Ladislav Slezak escribió:
Dne 25. 09. 20 v 12:08 Imobach González Sosa napsal(a):
Yes, I think it makes sense to introduce it in two steps. First, we can
announce this feature (and even recommend the users to enable it). And
then we can think about enabling it by default.

I'd prefer it the other way round (i.e. keep the current enabled status).

If we disable it by default many users will not know this new feature
and they will not run the validation at all. We would just postpone the
problems for later.

That's true.

So far I have seen just few bugs regarding validation, I believe until
SP3 GM we fix most of them and therefore we should keep it enabled. If we
find a specific bug later we can always tell the customers to manually
disable the validation.

Of course, if we get a lot of bug reports in Beta phase we can change the
default, I do not want to have that feature enabled at any cost.

Yes, you are right. We are still in time to make the decision later if needed.
We have fixed several problems, including a P1[1]. And I expect the amount of
validation reports to decrease over time.

We will keep an eye on them anyway.

Regards,
Imo

[1] https://github.com/yast/yast-schema/pull/90