Re: [yast-devel] Re: Partitioner: changing the default tab

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 09:53, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2020-01-29 10:17, Stasiek Michalski wrote:

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 09:36, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2020-01-28 17:46, José Iván López González wrote:
[...]
Well, I agree we need to re-think the UI of the Expert Partitioner,

I just got a wild idea. What about an UI design contest?

I know people not familiar with YaST development tend to overlook our
ncurses limitations and the implications of using libYUI... but maybe we
can still get good ideas.

A GSoC project would be another possibility... but I really doubt such
thing would success.

The good news is that the logic for fiddling with devices (Y2Storage) is
clearly separated from the UI code (Y2Partitioner), so reimplementing
only the latter would be doable (unlike with the old yast2-storage).

Any redesign will require new widgets no matter how hard you try with
what libyui provides.
Whether it be menubar
https://github.com/libyui/libyui/issues/158

I just noticed today the AutoYaST modules has a menu, configured here:
https://github.com/yast/yast-autoinstallation/blob/master/src/include/autoinstall/conftree.rb#L374

I have seen that in the wizard code, it's not particularly portable
considering it only works with wizard windows, but I guess it would work
in this case. The code seems to indicate this is implemented for
libyui-qt and libyui-gtk, but I haven't seen it mentioned in libyui and
libyui-ncurses so it might not actually work there?

LCP [Stasiek]
https://lcp.world