[yast-devel] Fwd: openSUSE - Google Summer of Code 2020
openSUSE is considering to apply for Google Summer of Code this year.

We offered some projects in the past, some of them were indeed
executed([1],[2]).

[1] Alternatives YaST Module
https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/13
[2] Rewrite Keyboard Management - Done out of GSoC
https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/79

Others never made it to GSoC for several reasons, although some of them
were finally implemented by the YaST Team itself ([3],[4],[5])

[3] REST API for testing based on libYUI
https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/87
[4] Apache initial setup YaST Module
https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/12
[5] Native Ruby interface for libYUI
https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/11

Time to resurrect any of those projects or come with a new one? Anyone
willing to mentor? I am, although I have not decided the project yet.

Cheers.

PS.- It doesn't have to be exactly about YaST, we have had projects in
the past about Jangouts, One-click installer, the Travel Support Program
application....

https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/63
https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/78
https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/80