Re: [yast-devel] YaST at the openSUSE Summit Dublin
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 10:37:57 +0100
V Wed, 4 Dec 2019 16:08:53 +0100
Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx> napsáno:

Douglas DeMaio asked if me or any other YaST developer was planning to
give a talk at openSUSE Summit Dublin[1]. I have to admit that was out
of my radar. That summit is a small event that takes place right after
SUSECON[2] in the same location, reusing part of its infrastructure. So
it sounds like a nice place to meet people who are both openSUSE
enthusiasts and SUSE customers.

To be honest, YaST had almost not presence In the latest openSUSE
Conference and that felt pretty wrong. Imo and me tried to fix that with
some lighting talks but, although they were well received locally, there
is no online record of those.

I'm not sure whether I will be personally able to attend, but I think
that at least one member of the YaST Team should be there presenting all
the new stuff that debuted in 15.1 (we can extend my lighting talk about
it) or what we are working on.

Being visible is one of our strategies, after all.

Cheers.

[1] https://events.opensuse.org/conferences/Dublin
[2] https://www.susecon.com/

Hi,
so as follow up of yesterday retro I prepare draft of two talks ( still need to
find nicer titles and abstract ). One is about Leap 15.1 and one about Leap
15.2, respective TW.
If you have any ideas please comment. I am also not sure if we should maybe
replace one talk with something like how development happen from bugzilla, via
trello, github, jenkins, travis, devel repo to final sr to Factory + openqa.

So drafts:

## Presentation 1 - YaST in Leap 15.1 TODO: better title

### Abstract - TODO: improve
Highlighting known and also some not so visible improvements done in Leap 15.1
in YaST/Installer.
Funny stories from development included.

### Tasks

- query a bit audience like favority feature, how many use expert partitioner,
etc.
- group features by sub-system like storage, booting, network, packager, etc.
- point to our blog post

## Presentation 2 - YaST in Leap 15.2 TODO: better title

### Abstract- TODO: improve
Highlighting what is in preparation for Leap 15.2 and also that you can see it
now in TW. Some changes are even not yet implemented.

### Tasks

- query a bit audience like what how many use TW, how often they upgrade and
who already report bug for YaST
- group features by sub-system like storage, booting, network, packager, etc.
- point to our blog post
- show how they can participate ( testing, development, documentation, PR, etc.
)