Re: [yast-devel] Codeclimate update
Dne 29.11.2017 v 17:26 Stefan Hundhammer napsal(a):

So if it's just another front-end to rubocop, why are we using it? We use
rubocop
anyway, so what else does it give us?

Josef already mentioned some. I'd just add that CC does not provide any feature
without which we could not live. It's an additional tool, so far we use it in
few
packages.

For small fixes in the code it is not much useful. Where I see the value is
when you
want to do a bigger refactoring. It can easily point you to complicated
classes/methods, duplicates, etc. And if you do a refactoring you can see how
much
you improved the code (removed X duplicates, Y less complex methods).

Another thing is that it tracks the history so you can see whether the project
is improving or becoming worse and worse in the long term. Unfortunately
the history at CC is limited to 6 months, for more you have to pay... :-/

--
Ladislav Slezák
YaST Developer

SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.