[yast-devel] Re: Query on btrfs on SLES12
On 13.06.2017 11:56, Suresh K Hosamani wrote:
For OES, one of the product requires other than brtfs filesystem, but by
default SLES12 configures btrfs, is there any way to change the default
proposal to ext3 for root (/ partition through yast code or control.xml.
Currently we chaning manully in the partitioning screen and going ahead, but
this cannot be done on every single server.
Can somebody help me in changing the default proposal to ext3.

I thought we had a parameter for this, but it looks like in the old YaST storage stack (as opposed to the new one we are currently writing) there is nothing in control.xml for that, just the "proposal settings" the user can change interactively.

Documentation:

https://github.com/yast/yast-installation/blob/master/doc/control-file.md#partitioning

Example (SLES):

https://github.com/shundhammer/skelcd-control-SLES/blob/master/control/control.SLES.xml#L177

You can change many things on that level, but AFAICS the root filesystem type is not among them (unless I overlooked something).

Since your target product is OES which is based on SLES, I guess waiting for storage-NG, the next-generation storage stack (approaching with the next SLE major release), is out of the question for you, right?

Kind regards
--
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
YaST Developer

SUSE Linux GmbH
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany