Re: [yast-devel] storage-ng and cloud storage
On 30.05.2017 16:22, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Feature complete and robust is important parts, but not for user.

I completely disagree. For most users this is the ONLY important part.

I for example tend to think "oh no, what have they introduced now" when I get bombarded with ever-changing stuff. Basically, that's why it took me a long time to make the transition from KDE3 to KDE4, and why I abandoned KDE altogether when they dumped KDE 5 Plasma upon me.

Users value stability more than anything else. Don't forget that all those supposedly little changes add up, and every time a part of the know-how about those things get wasted because they change all the time.

Only a handful of geeks welcome change for the sake of changing. Any you are probably familiar with the old statement that 80% of all users never get beyond using 20% of all the features (which might be slightly different 20% from one user to the next, however). Adding even more stuff is just additional stuff to get lost in.

Kind regards
--
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
YaST Developer

SUSE Linux GmbH
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany