[yast-devel] Change of Jenkins jobs for automated package submissions
Hello,

this morning I was pointed out that (another?) package lacks the job
assuring automated package submission to CaaSP. It is just too simple to
forget to set the job up when a package needs to be branched to a
specific product.

I briefly talked to Lukas and Ladislav about possible solution.

Currently, we only have Jenkins jobs for branches which match products
in development (not maintenance), therefore we have for instance:

yast-autoinstallation-CASP
yast-autoinstallation-master

The idea is to "merge" all such jobs into one, taking care of all
development branches (currently master and CASP) into a single one:

yast2-autoinstallation-devel

This would be done for all YaST packages, no matter whether it is
branched for CaaSP or not (or for other products in the future). Such
change would be a one-time operation via a script when we create new
branch for the first package (or when product is finished); then when
more packages get branched, no additional operation would be needed on
top of creating the branch in Git. When the branch does not exist in
Git, Jenkins would just ignore it.

This way, we would easily prevent omissions to create Jenkins job.

Does such change make sense?

We can discuss this at the end of the daily stand-up...

Jiri

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain