[yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-factory] YaST: highlights of development sprint 30
  • From: Robert Munteanu <robert.munteanu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 18:12:20 +0200
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 6:01 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx> wrote:
New year, new Scrum sprint. Check the highlights at
https://lizards.opensuse.org/?p=12263

Quoting from the article:

---
Both restrictions are now lifted; you can now create an LVM physical
volume with encryption, or you can do the encryption layer on the
logical volume if you prefer. And you can create an encrypted plain
partition with a filesystem directly on it without LVM.

Over the years, Grub2 learned how to do that, so you don’t even need a
/boot partition anymore. For the time being, you’ll need to enter the
encryption password twice, though: once at the Grub2 prompt and once
later at the graphical console so systemd can mount those filesystems.
Our base system developers are working on a secure solution to avoid
that.
---

Does that mean that in the future we'll be able to use snapper
rollback with an encrypted system? This was not working previously
because /boot was a separate ext4 partitiion.

Thanks,

Robert

--
http://robert.muntea.nu/