[yast-devel] YaST Google Summer of Code projects
In only a couple of weeks the application period for organizations to
Google Summer of Code will be closed.

Do we plan to offer some YaST project?

First of all, we could resurrect/re-offer these two if the mentors are
still interested

https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/12
https://github.com/openSUSE/mentoring/issues/11

What do you think about those two?

Moreover, I'm thinking about creating a new one to re-write the YaST
keyboard management in a proper object oriented way. The current code is
a mess, the adaptation to systemd was painful and is still not perfect
and we usually get bug reports from users that confuse system-wide
settings with desktop specific ones (usability problem). On the other
hand, writing it from scratch should be rather easy. Is not that
difficult and is not that big. Even doing everything in the proper way
(implementing systemd just as one possible backend so we are ready for
the next big change), it should perfectly fit into a GSoC project.

What do you think this one?

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa