Re: [yast-devel] A New YaST *.opensuse.org domain?
On 7.12.2016 15:07, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 7.12.2016 13:35, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Lukas, could you please ask to create an alias (CNAME) for the
"yast.opensuse.org" domain pointing to "yast.github.io"?

I've asked one particular opensuse.org admin for that after explaining
him what and why. He's on vacation, so we'll have to wait a few hours now.

So, the result is: Not that easy, but possible. Our friend Theo says:

--- cut ---
Use software.opensuse.org. This is Ancor's machine, so it would be easy
to set it up. Assuming your webpage is static only, you can have a
cronjob there to pull in the new code every X minutes. Alternatively,
you can use a CI job to trigger a git pull whenever the code changes.
Yet another solution would be to use a salt reactor to trigger the git
pull. The CI solution is also nice in case your webpage is using a
static blog generator, like pelican, where you can submit source files
in your git repo, and the CI will compile and deploy if successful.
--- cut ---

All this has a simple reason, according to current rules, opensuse.org
must not be used (even point to, er CNAME) to machines that are not
under their control.

So the answer is: Allow the content to be available somewhere for "some
opensuse.org machine" to download (and maybe process it), ideally done
automagically using Jenkins, cron or similarly.

Let's decide and then PLS tell Theo what is the expected result and what
we want from him (domain, space, ...).

Thanks
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux