Re: [yast-devel] Improved debugger integration
Dne 16.11.2016 v 10:05 Ladislav Slezak napsal(a):
Hi all,

I have improved the Ruby debugger integration in YaST, if you install
the latest yast2-ruby-bindings package (version 3.2.2+) then
you can use a keyboard shortcut to start the Ruby debugger anytime.

Simply press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+D and the Ruby debugger will pop up
in a new window.

I have built a backported package for SLE12-SP2 and openSUSE Leap 42.2.

You can find it in my home project [1]. The RPMs are available in [2] and [3]
repositories.

For using it in installation boot the installer with these options:

insecure=1
dud=http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lslezak/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/x86_64/yast2-ruby-bindings-3.1.51.1-1.1.x86_64.rpm

Notes:

- Using insecure=1 is needed as the RPM is not signed by the official
SUSE GPG key. That means you should use it only for debugging, not for
production systems.

- The package version will be changed if a rebuild is triggered in OBS, if
you get a download error check the current package version in the repository.

Internal only:
(The URL below is not reachable from the internet, only from the internal
network.)

To avoid typing that long URL I have prepared "info" files, simply boot with

info=ftp://muffin.suse.cz/sle12-sp2/info.txt

or

info=ftp://muffin.suse.cz/42.2/info.txt

The "insecure=1" option is already included there, you do not have to use it.

Enjoy!

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:lslezak/yast2-ruby-bindings
[2] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lslezak/SLE_12_SP2/x86_64/
[3] http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/lslezak/openSUSE_Leap_42.2/