[yast-devel] proposal warning levels
Hi,
currently as I touch warning levels in proposal clients I get idea to a
bit unify that levels to make it easier to use it, test it and also
simplify handling code in proposal runner.

What are current levels:

notice: only one that is not in red color
warning: just shown
error: now ask user to continue even with it
blocker: block clicking on Install/Update button
fatal: beside blocking also stop evaluation other proposals

My suggestion is:

drop notice level ( when passed, do not display it, just throw it away )
merge warning and error into one warning with current behavior of error
merge blocker and fatal into one fatal with current behavior of fatal

current usage of levels in git checkout:

notice: 0
warning: 11
error: 3
blocker: 17
fatal: 5

and when we talk about API of this call. I also do not like ability to
allow only one warning with level. So e.g. if bootloader find two
problems, then only one can be shown to user with only one level.

So I also propose to introduce new key in description map like
"warnings" that contain pairs of [level, msg] so more warnings can be
given.

What do you think about it? Of course old symbols will be marked as
deprecated and also logged that it is deprecated and removed in SLE13?

Josef