Re: [yast-devel] snapper 0.3.3 fails to accept group in ALLOW_GROUPS
On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 09:04:48AM +0100, Holger Jakob wrote:
When I try to add a group to ALLOW_GROUPS in a snapper config file I get
a "invalid group" error.

The issue was tracked down to getgrnam_r().

In snapper-0.3.3/snapper/AppUtil.cc get_group_gid() fails to find GID
when bufsize is too small.

I have a lot of users in a group in /etc/group.

getgrnam_r() fails to return with success. Increasing bufsize from 1024
to 2000 worked. Removing some of the users from the group also helps.

I recommend to do something like described in

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/getgrnam.html

Hi Holger,

thanks for the bug report, I have fixed the issue in
https://github.com/openSUSE/snapper/pull/288.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>