[yast-devel] snapper 0.3.3 fails to accept group in ALLOW_GROUPS
When I try to add a group to ALLOW_GROUPS in a snapper config file I get
a "invalid group" error.

The issue was tracked down to getgrnam_r().

In snapper-0.3.3/snapper/AppUtil.cc get_group_gid() fails to find GID
when bufsize is too small.

I have a lot of users in a group in /etc/group.

getgrnam_r() fails to return with success. Increasing bufsize from 1024
to 2000 worked. Removing some of the users from the group also helps.

I recommend to do something like described in

http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/getgrnam.html

--
Holger Jakob