[yast-devel] Updating CONTRIBUTING.md?

Hi all,

Our CONTRIBUTING.md files say:

Do not change the VERSION and *.changes files as this could lead to conflicts.

But that means we need to open a separate Pull Request with just the
version update and added changes after merging a contribution. See e.g. [1],
[2].

I find this a bit annoying, esp. for trivial PRs which we could just merge
and be done with that.

I'd suggest to change it to the opposite: ask the contributors to update
the version and add a changes entry.

If reviewing of a PR takes more time and there is another change merged
in the meantime we could simply ask the contributor to resolve the conflict
and update the PR.

What do you think about it? What is your experience?

Ladislav

[1] https://github.com/yast/yast-theme/pull/69
[2] https://github.com/yast/yast-theme/pull/70

--