Re: [yast-devel] Ruby refinements
On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 12:12:22PM +0200, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 08/08/2016 12:08 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 08/08/2016 12:00 PM, Arvin Schnell wrote:

Having looked at some other refinements I must say that I don't
consider them to be good. E.g. you extend 'Partition' with
'uuid' and 'label' that provide the UUID and label from the
filesystem on the partition, see partition_attributes.rb. This
will cause problems if the 'Partition' object should ever get a
uuid or label function, which is possible since partitions on GPT
have these attributes (putting aside label/name and UUID/GUID
nitpicking).

As yardoc documentation states, these three refinements are only used to
make RSpec tests more readable: PartitionAttributes, SizeCasts,
TestDevicegraph.

Sometimes it states "mainly".

Those are exactly the refinements you find "not good". And you are right
:-), they are there just for usage in RSpec, not in "real" code.

Should we move then to a specific namespace to make it more obvious?
Something like
Y2Storage::Refinements::Test::PartitionAttributes
instead of
Y2Storage::Refinements::PartitionAttributes

I agree that code only use for testing should be moved to a
special place. And why is it should included in the RPM?

But still I don't understand why code with conceptual problems is
fine if it's only used for testing.

Regards,
Arvin

--