Re: [yast-devel] Ruby refinements
Dne 8.8.2016 v 12:12 Ancor Gonzalez Sosa napsal(a):
Should we move then to a specific namespace to make it more obvious? Something
like Y2Storage::Refinements::Test::PartitionAttributes instead of
Y2Storage::Refinements::PartitionAttributes

Um, yes, if you want to use these refinements only in the tests it should
be more obvious that they should not be used in the "real" code.

You should also move them from lib/y2storage/refinements/ to test/support
directory.

But I'm not sure if refinements are good idea for that in general.
I can see a small issue with it.

If you see "partition.uuid" in a test then you might want to use the "uuid"
method in
your code as well. It's hard to see that it is just a test helper and
should not be used outside tests.

I'd rather use some shared helper method instead of extending the tested
objects just
for testing, in your case "uuid(partition)" instead of "partition.uuid".

--

Ladislav Slezák
Appliance department / YaST Developer