Re: [yast-devel] YaST2 reorganization discussion: gem
On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 06:59:13AM +0100, Imobach González Sosa wrote:
During the past openSUSE Conference, some members of the YaST team (Áncor,
Christopher, HuHa, Knut, Josef and myself -alphabetical order, excuse me if I
forgot anyone) discussed about YaST2 code reorganization.

The outcomes of such a discussion are summarized in this document: https://
gist.github.com/imobach/d90940315bd0471ee00b2a68ba22fbe5#proposal

Obviously the discussion is still open so, please, feel free to comment and
bring up new ideas.

Have you considered going all the way and packaging our repos as
gems? You know, gemspec, gem2rpm, rpm.

Maybe the parts with C++, cough Perl cough, would be harder, but it
should be easy for pure Ruby, once we conform to the conventions as
proposed above.

I think the benefit would be that bundler could set up things that
we now need to do in VMs.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner