[yast-devel] Heads-up: ruby-2.4.0-preview1 unifies Fixnum and Bignum
Hi,

ruby-2.4 includes a feature named "Unify Fixnum and Bignum into Integer"
https://www.ruby-lang.org/en/news/2016/06/20/ruby-2-4-0-preview1-released/
https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12005

I have installed it with rbenv and found that the constants Fixnum
and Bignum still exist, but resolve to the Integer class.

So our code referencing Fixnum should still work.
https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is_a%3F+Fixnum+org%3Ayast&type=Code&ref=searchresults

OTOH, we also have Yast::Integer, so considering the "fun" we are
having with ::String and Yast::String we may be better off removing
Yast::Integer before we uprade to ruby-2.4
http://www.rubydoc.info/github/yast/yast-yast2/Yast/IntegerClass
--
Martin Vidner, YaST Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner