Re: [yast-devel] Builtins.time
On 04/05/2016 02:54 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Tue, 5 Apr 2016 13:38:22 +0200
Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
ich have removed all calls -Builtins.time- from the YaST code.
^^^

nice :)

This call is marked as deprecated.
So the question has been raised if we should remove this call from
builtins.rb
completely in order not providing it anymore.

What is your opinion ?

Well, my opinion as there is still some team that plan to port their
yast modules to SLE12 and maybe start with SP2 like OES, then we should
not complicate too much their job by removing API. So my suggestion is
to remove all deprecated calls for SLE13.

Which bring us back to
https://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/2016-02/msg00028.html

There is not point in choosing one date or another if we don't maintain
a list of deprecated stuff we plan to remove, so the removal is known in
advance.

The simplest solution would be to have a list of functions and modules
somewhere (a wiki, a file in yast.github.io). Announcing in this mailing
list every time we add an item to the list. In addition, we should mark
the code as deprecated (a comment would be enough, a deprecation message
in the logs would be also appreciated).

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa