Re: [yast-devel] Yast packages .spec cleanups
Dne 22.3.2016 v 13:06 Tomas Chvatal napsal(a):
[...]

Any other requirements you would like to see and know? Overall of
course he will test the packages and install them so we are fairly sure
if it actually works ;-)

YaST also defines some helper RPM macros which are shared across
all YaST packages [1].

So the additional requirements could be:

- Check the macros as well, there can be possibly issues just like in the specs.

- If you find a repetitive pattern in the specs it should be moved to the
macros (if possible).

Another thing is that some YaST packages still provide/obsolete very old Yast
packages (like y2c_*, y2a_*, yast2-config-*, yast2-agent-*,...) which were used
about 15 years ago. IMHO they should be removed as they are useless these days.

You can use my quick&dirty grep (not smart enough, reports some false
positives) [2]
to find them.

Ladislav

[1]
https://github.com/yast/yast-devtools/blob/master/build-tools/rpm/macros.yast
[2] find . -name '*.spec' -exec grep -H -n
'y2._\|yast2-config-\|yast2-agent-\|yast2-db-\|yast2-trans-' \{\} \;

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer