Re: [yast-devel] RFC: Yast Logging Format
On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:25:51 +0100, Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 25.1.2016 16:20, Arvin Schnell wrote:
And the feature request does not ask to drop the time in human
readable format. So just logging the journalctl time at the start
would be also fine.

I've added this use case to that feature, thanks.

I'm still waiting for the discussion to come up with some solution or to
reject that feature with a reason. So, please, Yast Hackers, what do you
think of that? Do you want a `journalctl time` to be in Yast log at some
place? Where? How to log it? Any great idea?

I think that adding another timestamp could be a simplest solution. However it makes log a bit less readable for those who don't need to know such value. Another approach could be extend logging capabilities a bit (e.g. allow some time formating "marks" which could be added into log message)

M.