Re: [yast-devel] RFC: Yast Logging Format
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2016 schrieb Lukas Ocilka:
On 21.1.2016 11:42, Stefan Hundhammer wrote:
[...]
In fact, the feature lacks a real example (reason / use case) to
justify its existence, but it has actually been filed by a Yast
developer.
[...]
On the other hand, we have a simple tool/script to reformat and
colorize the log for you.

Our y2log is our most important tool. It's not a playground for
people who won't be responsible for debugging stuff.

So, bottom line: We might want to write an additional customer/user
log, but our y2log is holy. Amen. ;-)

I see your point, go in peace :)

Hmm, now I'm slightly confused ;-)

You need (and have) a tool to make the log readable, and still you
refuse to improve the log format?

BTW: how does the log look after the showy2log formatting? Some example
lines or a screenshot on paste.opensuse.org would be nice ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Es gibt in Afrika einen Stamm, die stehen auf einem Bein. Das ist deren
Standart. Und weil sie immer so stehen, ist deren Standart bei denen