Re: [yast-devel] Feedback needed: users screen
Dne 21.1.2016 v 09:19 Ancor Gonzalez Sosa napsal(a):
First of all, I'd move (A) to the final installation summary screen, where we
already have things like installing the bootloader on MBR or disabling the
firewall, configuring hardware and so on. It's one of those advanced settings
that most users will not touch.

Yes, that's a good idea!

About B, that's how the proposal would look like... ...if no previous users
were
detected http://paste.opensuse.org/79458151 ...if a partition with users is
detected http://paste.opensuse.org/10570162

Looks good to me. The last screenshot is a bit crowded, but basicaly that's
everything in the 80x25 textmode...

I guess that in the default GUI or in a bigger console it will look much better.

You could save one line of the text by using the "Skip user creation (use an
authentication server)" label for the last item.

IMHO it's definitely better that the old version, good work!

- Tabs are discouraged (if not forbidden) in the installer

Yeah, use them only when everything else fails...

- Displaying a pop-up and/or an additional previous step for importing users
if
they are detected can be tricky when going backwards and doesn't provide such
good overview about the 3 options.

We should avoid popups or additional dialogs, with the new installer
project we simplified the installation a lot. We should avoid slowly
going back to the previous complex state.

HTH

Ladislav

--

Ladislav Slez√°k