Re: [yast-devel] RFC: Yast Logging Format
On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:26:41 +0100
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Yasters,

There's a new feature in the feature tracking tool that requests Yast
to log in the same format as dmesg and journalctl.

- Business Case: Easier to analyse logs in bug reports.
'journalctl --output short-monotonic' so that times in the various
logs can be compared and events can be synchronized.
-

I don't want to spoil your mind by the feature itself as there is
already some discussion happening. What I actually want is you to
think a bit deeper about this request from your POV. What would it
change for us or others, what would it be good or bad for, what the
requester actually wanted and how to make them happy and the team as
well if possible.

Thanks in advance
Lukas

Well, good think is that we use one formatter, so it is easy to change
format. Disadvantage is that old old tools for coloring logs will need
to be adapted. Otherwise I do not care much about format. Just that
maybe we can reuse some other tools if we use more standard format.

Josef